Tuesday 6 November 2007

Fuckin' Psycho

Well, according to the internet I am. I've gone from various mild disorders, to 'moderate to severe' Bipolar I disorder. Although there is still a hope that it could be bipolar II, the less severe kind.

Don't worry, it's all bollocks. I also have moderate ADHD and anxiety, and a high probability of being an alcoholic, having OCD and having an eating disorder. Online psychiatric testing - you know its the future. All these spurious and exaggerated diagnoses must be making fortunes for the drugs companies, who have convenient ads placed next to the quizzes. Why does everything have to be driven by money? How much have I netted for Bayer pharmaceuticals in my life? They invented heroin. And I still pop their little green pills like a good child, taking NHS money for 'treatment' that has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER. One day some taxpayers will kill me for wasting their money. Not to mention the thousands of pounds in hospital visit, blood tests, antibiotics, inhaler, jabs, doctors visits, regular therapy, malaria tablets, cream etc.

All this medical intervention, and without it I would still be here, in about the same state as I am now. No, wait. Without the existance of Parvolex I might be in a bad way, possibly dead. And there is the faint possibility that I could have contracted malaria if I had visited the tropics without taking malaria tablets. (By the way, they are the most foul tasting pills in existance. Honestly, that is no lie. They have the bitterest chemical taste ever.) But modern medicine can go screw. I think I'm just angry because it hasn't miraculously fixed me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may I yet again point out that the weather has turned majorly icky and our therapist has abandoned us. who wouldn't feel icky?? an unnatural alien creature? intresting concept but I believe I'm going slightly off topic... I'm ill, tis my excuse. anyways back to the point, never trust the internet or take any imternet quiz remotely seriously. or any psycho quiz, I point blanc refused to do any rating scales until I was absolutely mental/desperate- when I did one and just from my doing it they knew something was wrong without looking at the results.teehee
meh, fall down 7 times get up 8.
chin up chicken, you've come a long way!
xxxx