Friday 13 April 2007

Films

I slept at Lara's last night, we watched the film Ghost Ship. It was pretty good. It built up a nice spooky atmosphere. The ending was not the best. I love films with a friendly ghost in though. It adds balance and gives more depth and reality to the idea of ghosts. Because it really doesn't make sense that a perfectly nice person can die, and then their spirit suddenly becomes evil and tries to kill the innocent. The ghosts of children becoming evil is particularly bad. I don't believe a child can be evil. But more on the nature of evil another blogtime.

I've watched a lot of films lately, so I think I'll comment on them all.
The Exorcist (directors cut) - Quite shocking, but also quite funny in a totally wrong way. An unsettling film, but not as terrifying as its reputation suggests.

Girl, Interrupted - A film I can relate to, as I have had errr... mental health issues. The characters are completely real, brilliant acting, maybe because it is based on a true story it has a lot of reality in it. I nearly cried, but partly from the hope that this film gave me.

Thirteen - This film is totally gripping, your eyes are glued to the screen in unhealthy fascination. I can't believe that the characters are only thirteen though, and sometimes their motivation really is not clear. The ending left me almost in tears, it leaves you in emotional shock.

No comments: