Sunday 1 April 2007

Camping in the Forest

Wow. Last night was ultra funny. Me, my brother, Fabian, Eddy, Shane and Jesus went camping in the woods. We met in town, and at first everything seemed like total shit. No one would buy us alcohol, and a certain little **** ripped us off (taking forty quid of my bro's money) so we had no weed. Luckily, once we got on the bus, everything got better. A little off licence in the village near where we were camping served me and Fabian, so we got a crate of beer, 3 bottles of wine, and a bottle of cider. I already had a bottle of Lambrini, and Fabian had something a lot funnier - poppers!
We walked for miles up a huge hill to get to the camping area. It was worth it though. It is in the most beautiful place, with flat ground and a massive fire pit area. We got out the amazing pop-up tent. I tell you, it is the best invention. You take it out of the bag, undo some elastic, and BOING! You have a tent, and you just have to peg it down. Fabian and Eddy made a great fire for us. We all helped, but they have the skills. In fact, everyone has great skills. Shane started whittling a wooden stake as soon as we got there. She wanted to be safe against vampires. Marshmallows were toasted, quorn sausages were grilled, and I made some Alphabetti Spaghetti, because I rock.
Then the drinking began. The guys hate Lambrini, so the girls - Shane, Jesus and Moi - had the bottle to ourselves. I think I had the most, Shane close behind, and Jesus didn't drink much. Everyone else had Carling too, but I can't be arsed with beer. It has too big a volume, I can only drink one can and then I'm full up, but not drunk. Eddy didn't drink, because there was nothing he liked. Apparently he's a whisky man. For a while he looked sad and lonely, but soon we were all happy. Jesus was not really affected by alcohol, she says she's immune to it, but she didn't drink a ridiculous amount. I feel sorry for anyone who is immune to the magical powers of booze. We also had poppers. I'd never had it before, so I was very curious. You just sniff, and then your head goes schwoosch and your eyes go funny, and you feel warm and everything is hilarious for a minute. It's legal too.
We played spin the bottle, I think we all got off with each other except for me and my bro, because that would be sick and wrong and gross. It got quite mad. Me and Shane drank beer off Fabian, I got off with Eddy way too much, and I *think* that I licked Fabian. Only a little lick, mind, nothing bad. My memory gets a little disjointed. I spent some time puking up, lying in brambles, and lying on the ground because Brother floored me, the little tit. Actually, he's taller than me now. It is a traumatic turning point when your younger sibling finally becomes taller than you.
Oh, my God, one thing I remember: I cut Fabian! We all had knives, and were daring each other to cut the other person. I, being 1. Drunk and 2. A bit kinky, had no problem with it. But the others were a bit freaked out. And I really don't know how many times I got called an emo because of the cutting and my scars. Eddy said I was fit though, and I think Fabian did too, which made me feel awesome. See, I'm easily pleased.
Eventually five of us all ended up in a three person tent, freezing our asses off. Jesus went home as she didn't feel good or happy. Me and Fabian could not sleep. Shane and my brother slept a lot, and Eddy tired to be hard and do without a sleeping bag. It was one of those nights where you are never sure if you are going to wake or sleep the next moment. Fabian felt me shivering so hugged up to me to keep warm (I'll pretend I didn't enjoy it).
In the middle of the night there was a gunshot bang. Maybe, I suggested, it could be someone with a gun. Coming to shoot us. I like reassuring people. And a lot of our conversations had turned to the Blair Witch. Eventually Fabian threatened to knife us if we carried on being scary.

No comments: