Sunday 1 February 2009

Back on Earth

Here I am. Back in what passes for normal life. Brain still subtly rearranging itself, processing the mass of sensations and information it received over the last two days.

I think I have learned some things. Some things which make me sad, other things which will help me.

I learned that people are motivated by fear, and as such they are dangerous. I learnt that people are motivated by instinct, and as such can be controlled. And I learned that people still contain something pure and beautiful.
People are hurting, and I want to help them, but I don't know how. I know that I can't fix them, they have to grow themselves, but I at least would like to know how to guide and nurture them.

I learned that I can not expect people to be how I want them to be. They will be shallow and selfish and silly and they will not learn or change.They will not be gentle or thoughtful or spiritual, and I have to learn to deal with that.

I learned that the human body is a precarious balance, more like a man riding a unicycle across a tightrope while carrying all his wordly possessions, than a sleek and beautiful system. Luck keeps us going as much as anything. My own body is starting to wobble. My legs are bad and something in my stomach is bad. I should do something about this.

I saw that the universe is a place of chaos. We try to create order, but this is impossible, and we end up only with stress and pain. To accept the chaos of life is the way to happiness.

1 comment:

Efren said...

It's good that we can learn something from every person we meet.