Wednesday 4 February 2009

Intelligence

Yesterday I decided that my brain was not as good as it used to be.

Today I realised that of course it isn't. I used to be in school, thinking, solving problems, doing intelligent things all the time. I used to devour classic novels, have in-depth conversations, and analyse paintings.

Now I do none of these things. I skim-read textbooks, and avoid scientific thought. The last book I read was a trashy vampire pulp novel. Mostly I feed my brain webcomics and daft stoner conversations.

It seems obvious that I would have got worse at academic subjects. I live on junkfood, and feed my brain the same. I need to nourish it on something other than drugs and Youtube videos.
Even the trash novels are a step up. Reading an entire book is an achievement. This is so horribly sad.

No comments: