Tuesday 9 December 2008

Slightly Aimless

I have no idea what to blog about. There are too many disparate and contradictory themes running through my mind right now. I don't know whether to smile, whimper, or scream.

Smile: Life is good right now. I have all the basic things I need, like food, shelter, and vodka. I also have cool things, and can do cool things like writing and painting. I can even do Guitar Hero on medium now. I have ideas for stories, and a whole lot of sketches I can develop into proper art pieces. I even have a giant map of a world which I've created, which will occupy my mind for a while. I have no need to be bored.

Whimper: The continuing fail of having a burn on my hipbone, where my jeans will always rub against it, so it will take forever to heal. The fact that I will have to unbandage said burn, which is going to hurt, a lot, in the slightly less fun way. Made slightly more fun by the fact that I let someone burn me.

Scream: The parents. Are driving me insane. They are upstanding, hardworking citizens of the corporate greyworld, I am a semi-nocturnal waste of space. Conflict is inevitable, and is always blamed on me. Whenever I try and raise an issue with them, like asking them not to turn off the internet at 11pm because I work after that time, it always ends with me wanting to cry and smash things, and them comfortable in the belief that they are right anyway. My feelings and beliefs are constantly dismissed. Does anyone get how horrible that feels?

Maybe I'll just pour another drink. A million broken thought fragments are impaling my brain and scratching their way through my insides. Nothing is clear anymore. Oh, and a guy added me on Facebook specifically to tell me that it's nearly the end of the world. Seems even so-called shamans are prey to End Times paranoia. Yes, I think that drink is what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smile! if there are things to smile about then there should be smiling!!!the rest will all sort itself out.
xcattiex