Sunday 23 November 2008

Life Choices

So, I decided I want to be an artist. It's what I love doing. I love writing, too, but I don't think I could cut it trying to make it my career. Not that it is likely that I'll be able to make a living by painting, but it's worth a shot.

Now, though, I'm second guessing myself. How did I make this choice? Basically because art is the only career-type thing I can do without immediately turning into a nervous breakdown. So, did I really choose it, or is it simply what I am falling into, through a process of elimination? Maybe it is fate, but I'm still uncertain as to how fate could work. Something to do with quantum entanglement and the non-linear nature of time, perhaps. But anyway, I have not even started on the journey to my goal, and already I'm fearing failure.

In the words of Neo, 'What if I can't? What if I fail?'

'Then Zion will fall.'

OK, maybe it's not quite that drastic, but still. Worry worry worry. Possibility of rejection, dented ego, broken dreams, wasted life, etc.

But if I do fail, then I want to know that I tried. So I will. Just need a bit more motivation, hope and strength. I'll put them on the shopping list, then.

No comments: