Thursday 13 November 2008

Some People

All these people meshed together in conversations and meetings and other entanglements. People thrown together and torn apart in a great chaotic dance. People need people. Alone we are nothing, alone we are scared and weak and hurting. When we are not alone we are still weak, still very very small. But at least we have a chance.

Alone is not just being literally without company. Alone is a state of mind. You can be alone in a crowded room, if you are not connected to where you are. So many people wander through life without connecting to the world around them. They don't notice things. They're too busy thinking about the past or the future or how they feel or what would happen if... or what they would do when... They don't notice life passing them by.

It has worked. Mindfulness. As advocated by therapists, psychics and meditation experts everywhere. I actually can do it. I'm not lost in the white-noise fog of my brain any more. You should try it. I have no advice on how exactly you can achieve this, but you should do it. My therapist will be so incredibly happy with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that what you call 'goo'?
I think that's actually quite perceptice, and kind of poetic too.
:)