Wednesday 26 November 2008

Typewriter

I got a typewriter! Yes, now I feel like a true creative type. Pointless and obsolete machinery for the win!
This day I mostly stayed in bed, hiding under my duvet from the light and the headaches and the horrible world. I also managed to tidy my room. It is as tidy now as it is ever going to be, so I am quite proud of myself. Can you tell I lead a sad and unproductive life?
If I can scrape together some money, then I will be going to the Vaults on Friday. I'm actually not looking forward to it. What the Hell is wrong with me? It sounds like it will be good fun, but just, the effort involved, having to try and find a way to look acceptable, and then the whole issue of spending all my (hypothetical and nonexistant) money on drinks. I think its about time I got drunk though. I've been utterly sober for about a week, and it is a lonely and depressing way to live.
I have also run out of cigarettes. This enforced nicotine withdrawal is not helpful. I keep getting angry. Every other word my parents say to me is to tell me off for swearing. Although admittedly I swear like gutter scum, I don't see why it offends them quite so much. Its not like I'm swearing directly at them, or insulting them in any way. To be honest, whatever I say, my Dad will find something wrong with it. Its so exhausting having to constantly fight to back up even your most basic opinions. It's what therapists call 'invalidating', and apparently is the cause of all my past problems. I'd prefer to put it down to having a sensitive artistic temperament, or even just being a bit of a mental case, but no, apparently there are people to be blamed.

No comments: