Sunday 30 November 2008

Misanthropy

Human beings are not that nice. Every one is born perfectly selfish. As they grow up, you think that they grow out of it a little; they just learn to hide it. Everything that people do is for their own gain. Giving to charity? Yes, you helped some kittens or orphans or whatever, but what you really do it for is the warm glow of knowing that you, yes you, the most important person in your world, is the one helping the needy. Those orphan kittens should be so greatful for you.
And love? 'I love you' is just a polite way of saying 'Thanks for being what I need'.

Why have I suddenly become a bitter, hateful being? I think an extreme overcompensation for my being so stupid lately. Idealism? Optimism? Why don't I just wear a sign over my head saying 'I am an idiot, please fuck me over, and why not take my money too?' Only the strong can afford to believe. I have believed, and been disillusioned time and time again. So fuck that shit. Stupid soft fuzzy kiddo is building a wall. And a nuclear bunker. And fuck it, I want a castle too. If I want to be survive, I need defences. I need armour. I need to shut the fuck up and become invulnerable and self-centred and self contained. Fuck you, humanity. You suck.

No comments: