Wednesday 28 January 2009

Camera Wish

Last night I was thinking how nice it would be to own a camera. Today I walked past the Oxfam shop to see their window display filled with old cameras. Proper style ones, which take film and have big chunky lenses and flash attachments and all sorts of arcane and fascinating equipment.
I could take photographs of all of the things I stare at. I could make whole insufferable albums of blurry abandoned buildings and half-obscured faces, empty shots of little interest to make people feel vaguely sad.

I wonder if I'd be any good at it. Probably end up throwing the camera at a wall after about 3 failed shots. Everything worth doing is so freaking difficult.

I've lapsed into worn-out melancholy, and it's not even midnight yet. Fucking idiot.

No comments: