Sunday 18 January 2009

Online Anarchy

I sit in my comfortable home and think about post-apocalyptic anarchy and the possibility of creating a better world.

This guy
has one solution to the problem.

Problem? You didn't realise that society is inherently flawed and certain to fall? That we live in an opressive and non-optimal system? That we, as an intelligent species, could do so much better than this?
Well, realise it. And then, do something about it. Yeah, I have spent far too long reading. But honestly, I don't know how so many people can live without questioning the structures of the world around them. There are so many changes which we could make for the better. "We must be the change we wish to see in the world" said Gandhi. Or, possibly, we must be the trouble we wish to see in the world. Yes, Gandhi and webcomics are the main building blocks of my political worldview.

This is all Steampunk's fault. Ergo it is all Abney Park's fault, because years of listening to their music somehow sent my thoughts sepia-toned and post-apocalyptic. I think Captain Robert would be pleased.

No comments: