Friday 2 January 2009

Essay Avoidance

Yes, I am meant to be writing a reflective commentary, and then something about the Dalai Lama, and then, woe is me, I have to write a concise essay on poetry. Poetry about owls. And I have 5 days to write all this. I have done basically zero work on any of these chapters. And my brain is utterly fried due to spending the past couple of months in a state of drunken highness. And I am incredibly ill due to ignoring the fact that I was slightly under the weather and continuing to wander about in the cold getting wasted. So the slight cold has grown into the dreadful wreckhead flu. See, boys and girls, drugs are bad.

And why the fuck have so many people written poems about owls? And why in the name of all gods does anybody want me to compare these poems? I only just realised that I had to do this. I didn't look any further than the first page of the assignment to avoid panicking myself, but actually, this leads only to a nasty surprise. I think I may fail again.

No comments: