Friday 16 January 2009

Pressure?

So my dad bought me a 16GB flash drive. And gave it to me with the words 'This is for your course work.'

I already own a memory stick. This one is apparently exclusively for my Open University courses. So he expects me to create 16 gigabytes of scholarly work?

I don't do well under imaginary pressure. I haven't been able to paint since I got good quality paints for Christmas. Nothing I can do will ever be good enough to justify using expensive Windsor & Newton acrylic paints and synthetic filament brushes. But soon people are going to start asking questions and getting all offended because I haven't used my present. I can't force myself to paint though, or it all goes horribly wrong and I end up breaking everything.

Damn damn damn. This may be why I am not massively functional. If I can cause myself this much stress and utterly destroy my abilities just because of imaginary pressure, then how am I supposed to operate in the real world?

No comments: