Sunday 18 January 2009

Detox Over

Well, I lasted 6 days. And on the seventh day, I got cider, and I saw that it was Good. And so I saith unto myself, bugger this abstinence for a lark, and so it was decreed, that alcohol is permitted to myself, and to all, without fear. So saith the Lordess.

My gran took us out to the Hanging Gate for Sunday lunch, it was sehr gut. See, we never get that kind of meal usually, so it is a rare treat rather than a traditional weekly staple. And I got some pear cider, because well, the self-inflicted ban on alcohol got really boring. And I need something to take my mind off the pain in my throat and chest. The Irish coffee was just a nice end to the meal.

Every time I speak, somebody either laughs or looks shocked. I have started losing my voice, and now sound like a cross between Joan Rivers and Kermit the Frog being slowly strangled.

No comments: